Monday, November 23, 2009

Wolves Destroyed

It's been a while since the last blog entry.

It was great to see Chelsea thrash Wolves last Saturday despite going into the game without Lampard, Ballack and Drogba. I placed a bet on AOS at odds of $12. I thought I was going to win the bet after the first half when the blues were leading 3 - 0 with a goal from Malouda and a brace from Essien.

Joe Cole added a fourth after the break, assisted by Anelka. Pity there were a few more chances but not converted, if not I would have won my bet. Essien missed out on a hat trick. I felt that the opening goal is the goal of the match.

I got a glimpse of what the Chelsea youngsters Kakuta, Mitch and Borini can do. Kakuta was quite impressive, almost scoring in his senior debut. Chelsea perhaps should focus more on developing their own talents rather than buying from the transfer market.

It was nice to know that Chelsea's rivals Arsenal and Liverpool lost points. Looking forward to the London derby at Emirates on Sunday.

No comments: